Do you find yourself wishing you had finished your taxes faster each year? Being quick off the mark means potential savings and reduces a whole lot of stress.
Filing taxes is obviously an important part of running your business, and can be overwhelming. Planning ahead, being organized, and getting them filed quickly means you can finish filing before the deadline, and focus on your business.
Stay ahead of the game by spending time keeping organized throughout the year to make sure you can speed the tax process along, and easily hit your deadlines.
Here are our top tips for getting your business taxes done faster!
Include tax prep in your financial planning.
No matter who files your return, it is you who is responsible for its contents. It is crucial to make time for adequate preparation so that your return is accurate. With an early start and commitment to revisiting your tax prep on a regular basis, you will have a much easier time when that deadline hits.
- Break your year into quarters and plan tax targets for each season
- Tax plan for the current year
- Make sure all your records are current
- Identify and maximize any possible tax breaks
- Get ready to file!
Make sure your records are current.
Keep all documents organized and easy to access, and make sure they are current. If you’re audited, this process will make it simple to retrieve what you need, and it will also ensure that next year’s tax return is easier. Reduce stress and improve efficiency by following these tips.
- Track and reconcile all expenses
- Keep all of your receipts
- Complete weekly and monthly reviews of all accounts
- Consider using accounting software
Have all the information you need.
Not only is the filing date and deduction information important, but remembering which forms to use is also a necessary step. Depending on your business, form information can change, and so can tax laws. Make sure you know where to look for help before filing.
- Know the due date for filing
- Have records for all deductions and purchases for your business
- Ensure you are up-to-date with current tax laws for your city, state, and country
- Know what forms to use for your business type
- Understand your expense deductions
- Don’t leave anything out!
Work with accounting tools.
Outsourcing some or all of your tax preparation and filing to an electronic accounting tool is an excellent method to save time and money. The immediacy, analysis, and simplification of the process are a few of the immense benefits to these tools.
- Outsource your records and data
- Leverage technology to convert your information into accurate returns
- Benefit from built-in, current tax laws, deductions, and credits
- Allow software to track your income and expenses
- Auto-generate income reports
- Keep sensitive documents safe and secure with cloud-based technology
Start preparing for next year now. Staying organized and ensuring accuracy throughout the year means faster tax filing next year.
It’s time to let Invoice Tracker keep track of your invoices for you. Get paid faster and automate your invoices so that tax time becomes a breeze! Sync with your accounting software to save hours and money. In less than five minutes, you can connect your software and let Invoice Tracker record your accounts receivable.
Sign up for a free, 30-day trial. No credit card required.